Your comments to Website

Your comments to Website

Postby Martha DeWitt » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Dear Leo,

This is amazing! You are a genius to have pulled this all together. Congratulations to all of us, and to those who are inspired to carry on this important work. A tiny ripple in the sea of despair around us, to grow into a tital wave of hope as millions see the possibilities of a new age of caring. It is within the reach of all of us, working together, to weave a tapestry of peace from the golden threads of harmony. Our leaders become what we require of them, so we must set the standards high to get the results we want. Pessimism and cynicism have no place in a quest to make the world a better place. Political activism, at its best, is creative of visions that can inspire those with 'feet of clay' to find a better way. Mahatma Gandhi is quoted as saying: "There they go! I must hurry for I am their leader." Every motivated person is capable of raising the standards of what we expect from ourselves and one another, as caretakers of this fragile earth and the resources it provides to sustain us. If it was impossible for us to care and share, societies would have vanished eons ago. The challenge is to widen our circle, as we have done with Leo's urging in creating this Website "Peace from Harmony." Let it become a Vision Quest for each of us, and for the generations that follow.

Martha Ross DeWitt, contributor.
Martha DeWitt

Postby Rose Lord » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:16 pm

Dear Leo,
I graciously accept your congratulations and warm wishes. Wonderful things are happening right now in the development of Global Coalition for Peace and the work we are trying to do.
I also want to thank you for the important work you are doing and the support you are giving to women all over the world. We cannot do it alone. We need men like you and our director, Victor Landa. We all need to work together to create the world of peace, love and compassion that we know can be a reality.
Peace Be With You,
Rose
Rose Lord

Postby Rose Lord » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:30 pm

Dear Sisters,

As you probably know, today is International Women’s Day. I’ve been thinking about what that means, why the world would have one day that is designated for the celebration of that which is Woman. Why is there not an International Men’s Day? (But that’s a subject for another day.) What is it about women that inspired the creation of this day?

So I thought about great women in history and interestingly, the first names that jumped out at me were all nurses – Florence Nightingale, Clara Barton, Mother Theresa. Of course, there have been many other famous and influential women and it may be that those are the names that occurred to me because there is a strong nursing tradition in my family, but I think it’s more than that. I think that nursing – a profession that has long been associated predominantly with women, epitomizes that which is female, in other words, the capacity to tend to, to care for, to nurture others.

Many people believe that the female energy is rising and we are headed towards a time in human evolution in which that feminine, nurturing energy will assert itself and create a more peaceful, loving and compassionate world. But that may be the great challenge, that we are presented with: how to assert something that is, by nature, gentle, patient, and complying. It seems like an oxymoron, unless we consider those models of the famous nurses, women who literally took their nurturing instinct to the battlefields, the battlefields of war, poverty and disease, and did not allow anything to get in the way of its expression.

That is what we have to do, dear sisters, to take our loving, compassionate, nurturing, healing “womanness” out on the battlefield that this whole world has become – the battlefield of violence, greed, prejudice and indifference – and not let anything get it its way. Yes, it is a tremendous challenge, but one that we have to face. The very survival of humanity depends on it. Women are realizing this all over the world and it is being manifested in the work of such organizations as Gather the Women, Peace x Peace, and Mothers Acting Up – to name just a few.

My wish for you on this International Women’s Day is that you will be able to spend the day in the warm embrace of family and friends that allows us the quiet, gentle, peaceful expression of our womanliness. It is so very important that we express it in our homes, our workplaces, our communities. But, let us also hold in our vision, the example of those courageous nurses who, despite incredible trials, simply did the work they knew had to be done. If we are all willing to face the challenge and take this gift of being Woman and reach out with it, reach out to everyone we can touch, surely it will be a force too strong for anything to stop.

In peace and love,

Rose “Mirabai” Lord
Rose Lord

Postby Reimon Bachika » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:26 am

Dear Leo! You got a promotion! Congratulations. I feel the same as Martha DeWitt.
The title page with a book opening is nicely done too. And you have already the Japanese characters for the Japanese version! Very good. 20/02/05
Reimon Bachika

Postby Evelin Lindner » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:28 am

Dear Leo! Thanks so much for your wonderful and breathtaking work! You really created a wonderful summary of the work of our group Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies network!
And you can't imagine how happy I feel when I read all your encouraging and kind words! 21/03/05
Evelin Lindner

Postby Lia Diskin » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:30 am

Dear Leo,

I am very happy to hear from you and from the Peace from Harmony website. Also, I am enthusiastic to know that the professors from the Pernambuco University are involved in Culture of Peace work. In fact, the translation of the initial pages (mission, purposes, etc) into Portuguese is very good!

As for the documents that have been lost due to damage in your hard disk, I send you the Resolution that created the Parliamentary Culture of Peace Council (or Advisory Board) in São Paulo, and the By-Laws of the same Council, I send them to you in English and Portuguese. I hope they can come as an inspiration to many peace workers around the world that are trying to find non-violent ways to struggle against violence, militarization, and social unrest.

Dear Leo, receive my warmest regards and wishes of a fruitful work with your colleagues worldwide.
Yours,
Prof. Lia Diskin, Brasilia, 22/03/05
Lia Diskin

Postby Kamal Nawash » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:32 am

Dear Dr. Semashko. Thank you for posting our March Against Terror. At this point we don't have a service that translates our material into Arabic but we plan on doing so in the coming months. Please stay in touch with us and as we translate our web site in Arabic, perhaps we can do the cooperation you are talking about. 31/03/05
Kamal Nawash

Postby Tarek Heggy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:35 am

Dear Dr Leo Semashko : First, thank you very much for your kind words.
Second, I accept, with pleasure, your sugesstion regarding posting and
translating my article "THE ARAB MIND". Furthermore, I want you to
feel free and authorized to re-post & translate any of my writings.
I suggest that you kindly have a look at : http://www.t-heggy-site-contents.org
With my best regards. Tarek Heggy. Paris. 03/04/05
Tarek Heggy

Postby Rudolf Siebert » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:37 am

Dear Leo. I wholeheartedly confirm my Report support. Thank you for your wonderful work.
I am on my way to our international course on the Future of Religion in Dubrovnik. We shall miss you. You and your friends have a standing invitation to both of our international courses in Dubrovnik in April and in Yalta in October. Best wishes. 18/04/05
Rudolf Siebert

Postby Evelin Lindner » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:42 am

Dear Leo! Thanks so much for your wonderful work! Please accept my warm congratulations to your great work!
18/04/05
Evelin Lindner

Postby Evelin Lindner » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:45 am

A warm thank-you hug to you dear Leo for all your great work!
19/04/05
Evelin Lindner

Postby Bernard Scott » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:48 am

Well done, Leo and Martha! Best wishes.
19/04/05
Bernard Scott

Postby Araken Barbosa » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:50 am

Dear Leo. Please accept my warmest and harmonious regards together with my report support.
19/04/05
Araken Barbosa

Postby Reimon Bachika » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:51 am

Dear Leo. I wholeheartedly support the Website Report and your good work.
20/04/05
Reimon Bachika

Postby Ananta Giri » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am

Dear Leo.My greetings to you from Oxaca, Mexico. The same to Martha. I hope this finds you well. Thank you for your work on the website and for putting my notes from Reflections in the website. Looking forward to hearing from you.
21/04/05
Ananta Giri

Next

Return to Discussions on Forum