Making Children a Priority in the World

Postby Gill, Stephen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Leo,
I appreciate your letter with your Project "Making Children a Priority in the World" and concerns and therefore I support your priority to children. You will be pleased to know that I am a director of the Children's Aid Society here in Cornwall. I have also a poem on children that I would like to submit to you for your site. When do you want me to send this poem to you.
Please feel free to let me know anything that I can do for your concerns that are also our concerns. With my best wishes for the new year,
Stephen Gill,
Dr, Poet, Canada
http://home.ican.net/~sgill
January 15, 2006
Gill, Stephen

Postby Leo Semashko » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:07 pm

Dear Stephen,
Thank for your support of our project of a new Global movement and for desire to participate in it. I very much like to learn that you have children's organization. For its participation in our project please inform the following about your organization:– organization name + address, telephone, fax, website and e-mail.
Thanks. I shall be very grateful to you for involve some of your colleagues in different countries to our project of formation of a new Global movement "Making Children a Priority in the World".
Also I like to offer you one the very important for you and world action. I think you have more than enough dignities and advantages to address to your Government with an appeal " Making children a priority in Canada". Children's priority is necessary first of all for your children and grandchildren, for Canadian and Pakistan children.
I shall be happy to publish your poem on our site in the beginning of February.
I would like to receive its to February 2-5 on e-mail. Thanks.
Best harmony wishes,
Leo
January 15, 2006
Leo Semashko
Site Admin

Postby Charles Mercieca » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Dear Dr. Semashko:
Thanks for the interesting and inspiring project of a new Global movement "Making Children a Priority in the World" you sent me. I shall print it and I shall see how I could involve some of my colleagues in different countries in it. Keep up the good work.
Charles Mercieca,
PhD, USA
January 15, 2006
Charles Mercieca

Postby Takis Ioannides » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear Leo,
With Love and Peace from the sunny but too cold Athens morning. I think that we MUST MAKE CHILDREN not a PRIORITY IN OUR LIFE BUT, make children THE PRIORITY IN OUR LIFE.
Μέ εκτίμηση Best Regards
Takis Ioannides,
Poet, Grecee
January 16, 2006
Takis Ioannides

Postby Charles Mercieca » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear Dr. Semashko:
Congratulations on the excellent work you are doing in relation to children's needs. Their greatest enemy is not disease or epidemics. Their enemy number one is the government that uses its resources for negative and destructive purposes, for the manufacture of more and more weapons and the waging of more and more wars. Each time government officials vote to put more money into weapons and wars, each time such government officials are putting numerous nails in the coffin of our children across every continent.
Over the past 35 years, my job was to bring into the open this reality through numerous articles I wrote almost all of which were published (the part from them is published on our site on the Contents page 1-6-1: editor note). The US government does not care about children even though by word of mouth a lot of good things are being said. Thousands of children in the USA get sick and die simply because their parents are poor and have no money, no insurance. Now the big corporation bought all the large news media, newspapers and TV stations as to control them with iron fist and as not to let the American people know about the tyranny of the US government that is being exerted toward children. All this applies to every country in the world where the government puts priority on weapons and wars.
Keep up the good work.
Charles Mercieca,
PhD, USA
January 16, 2006
Charles Mercieca

Postby Reimon Bachika » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear Leo,
Sorry for letting you wait for this email! This week I have been terribly busy with my last teaching week of the semester and a special lecture this week that took me two weeks to get more or less ready. I had no time even to read about the Dubai Project !!! Of course, I support it and I have filled in the information below…. I pray for the success of the Dubai Project.
Reimon Bachika,
Professor, Japan
January 21, 2006
Reimon Bachika

Postby Mona Gamal El-Dine » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear Dr Semashko,
This project (Global movement "Making Children a Priority in the World") is very important to save children. Keep contact and I wish to you a very successful mission.
Mona Gamal El-Dine,
Poet, France
January 23, 2006
Mona Gamal El-Dine

Postby Francisco Gomes » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Applaud your initiative, Leo.
Children have to be assured of their right to live with dignity. Only through concentrated International attention on that will co-responsible citizens be able to contribute to changing the conditions of millions of children who are still excluded from the minimal benefits shared by the privileged in contemporary Society. I myself have just joined a local group committed to helping set up a local nongovernmental organization aiming at helping both children and adults (especially the elderly) survive in this world of so much injustice. Your commendable initiative of prioritizing children should be supported everywhere. Children are today’s hope for a peaceful and just tomorrow. May your powerful poetry contribute to the universal mission you have embraced.
Francisco Gomes,
Poet and Professor, Brasilia
January 22, 2006.
Francisco Gomes

Postby Reimon Bachika » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Dear Leo,
Thanks a lot for your very encouraging and honoring email of 1/22, proposing me to play a leading role for …. the movement for making children a priority in the world. It is really a great sign of friendship and indeed a great honor. However,…I can not……………
…………..
As for the disadvantage of Russia: with this I disagree totally. It is rather very unusual and very admirable that a movement such as you propose can start from Russia, with someone who has been educated in Marxism. I have not said so before, but I thought earlier that you could become a new Marx for the 21st. century. It takes someone with your intelligence, enthusiasm and drive to accomplish such a great goal. Besides of having my little garden to care for, I do not have the capacities to carry it on.
Cordially,
Reimon Bachika,
Professor of Sociology, Kyoto University, Japan
January 27, 2006
Reimon Bachika

Postby Takis Ioannides » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Dear Leo,
I am sending you my contribution to you wonderful efforts for the priority to CHILDREN. It is two poems: The Child’s Proposal and Children on the Crucifix of War.
With Love and Respect
Takis Ioannides,
Poet, Athens, Greece
February17, 2006
Takis Ioannides

Postby Takis Ioannides » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Dear Leo,
Your letter is powerful, real and true. I wish the governments of all countries to set children as THE main priority to their plans. In fact, no one of us is going to live for ever. No one of us is going to take glory, power or money with him, in his coming travel to the world of spirits and shadows. But the little, weak and unprotected child, who suffers in our times, by the "civilized" citizens of the planet earth within 21th century, must be met with the hug of Love, the perfect world of principals, the light of peace, in order to continue the route of humanity in the future. The wooden hearts, bodies and spirits of children must hope. Dr Einstein said once: there will be no civilization on planet earth, if, even one child is sad. Let's place this target in our life plans: NO ONE CHILD SAD ON EARTH PLANET.
Takis Ioannides,
Poet, Athens, Greece
February18, 2006
Takis Ioannides

Postby Maitreyee Roy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Dear Semashko.
I am really moved by the dedication of the co-authors associated with you for the fulfillment of your mission, I really liked your appeal to the younger generations of the world especially the young parents. … It is only with a group of really conscious youth that the priority of the children and their rights can be achieved in the future. I myself appeal to the youths of our country to take up the oath of protecting our future generation of our country who will bear the torch of honour of our country to the world. I shall request them to make a pledge to look to the priority of our children now and in future they will work to offer them the priority position as a respectable senior citizen of our country. We all know that as we teach so we get. My respect to your mission and my heartiest greetings to all co-authors of the mission for showing us the path, that the future of a country depends upon its future generation who are to be nurtured and protected with care from odd exposure. `ALL LOVE, No violence is the source of real peace`
Maitreyee Roy,
India
22/02/06
Maitreyee Roy

Postby Susana Roberts » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Dear Guy and Dears friends writers

From this south part of the planet I send my support all the words to Guy in France and Leo in Russia. That is right we need to do something urgent ..what will happen with our children in the world and this big concentrate problem in the Persic Gulf, Afrika,etc .. where is our humanity going on'...What can we do as writers?....
jOIN US
CORDIALLY,

SUSANA ROBERTS
REGIONAL DELEGATE OF IFLAC(CHUBUT-PATAGONIA)
ARGENTINA
roberts_susana@hotmail.com
June 25, 2006
Susana Roberts

Postby Hilarie_Roseman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Dear Leo,

I am just back from Melbourne. Whilst there, I meditated on a passage of the gospel from Mark. I thought I would share it with you. You say that the children are the salvation of the world. Here is the gospel reading from Mark Chapter 10 verses 13-16

"People were bringing little children to him in order that he might touch them; and the disciples spoke sternly to them.
But when Jesus saw this,he was indignant and said to them, 'Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it
is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a
little child will never enter it.' And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them.»

Hilarie Roseman
yarrayarra@net-tech.com.au
June 27, 2006
Hilarie_Roseman

Previous

Return to Discussions on Forum